A bindrune for a strong, happy, and protected home etched in shining copper. This bindrune takes its structure from Othala, the rune of the home, the tribal enclosure, the protected sanctum. Within this are woven Wunjo (joy and well-being), Gebbo (gifts, reciprocity, divine blessing), and Fehu (wealth, fertility, creative fire). Outward-pointing Algiz runes make a palisade of protection, and Uruz runes ground its base in the strength and stability of the earth. Central rings in the Icelandic radial runic style concentrate and radiate the gathered power from central hearth outward.
This bindrune was designed especially for the invocation of a strong, safe, protected, and happy home – a place to thrive. It is a very powerful tool for finding a good home, as well as blessing and protecting the home that you have. It was designed collaboratively by Morpheus and Brennos for our own personal use, and we found it to be phenomenally effective so we are sharing it with you.
Here are some ways to empower your Hearth bindrune:
– Gather soil from beneath your house (or the house you want to move in to), and mix with consecrated fluids. Use this to anoint the bindrune. You can also add other magical materials such as: hearth ashes, ochre pigments, ancestral grave earth, herbs from your garden, etc.
– Charge your bindrune with a protection oil such as “Fiery Wall of Protection” or any other of your choosing.
– Hang your bindrune over the hearth, if your home has one; alternately, place it at the very center of the house, at your house altar, under the house, or at the main door of the house.
– Feed your bindrune now and then by giving it sprinklings of whatever you use for devotional offerings – whiskey, wine, holy water, milk, beer, etc.
– Refresh it by washing in clean water whenever you clean your house, to clear and renew the energies of the home.
– NOTE: If you do use soil from a house to charge the rune, this will bind you to the house. If you ever decide you need to move out of the house, DON’T FORGET to thoroughly cleanse your bindrune to remove all traces of the binding!
Talisman is etched in 18-gauge copper, 1-3/4″ diameter.
Our copper talismans are hand etched in small runs with careful attention. Talismans are individually hand-detailed, so each pendant is slightly different and unique. The artist, Morpheus, personally consecrates all the talismans on her home altar.
Special & Custom Orders: If you are interested in ordering a set of any of our etched metal talismans for a coven, ritual group, warband, or other group, please feel free to contact us for special orders. We can usually create to order for most needs within 1-2 weeks. We can also produce custom work from your designs. Please email for details and quotes on special requests.