Blood Drive PantheaCon 2013:
Find the Hero In You
The bloodmobile will be on site Saturday 2/16 and Sunday 2/17 to receive blood donations. Please sign up in advance for a blood donation appointment – this helps the Blood Center allocate enough staff and equipment to meet the need.
- Register yourself as a donor at www.bloodheroes.com
- Go to ‘Donate Blood’, and enter our sponsor code ‘PCon’
- Select your preferred appointment time
Registration is very quick. Appointments are easy to reschedule on that website if you should need to do so, so please sign up in advance, even if you think you may need to change your appointment later.
We are holding this blood drive in connection with our Morrigan devotional ritual, “The Heart is Our Nation“, 7 pm Saturday 2/16 at the Con. We’re encouraging folks to donate blood in the Morrigan’s name as an offering to Her and an act of kinship with our fellow human beings. But the blood drive is for all, and if you happen not to want to give in Her name, feel free to give in the name of your own deities, or just give without devotional intent.
Blood donors at the convention will receive special badge ribbons so you can proudly display your heroic gift and encourage others to do likewise, such as: “I GAVE HERO’S BLOOD” and “I GAVE BLOOD FOR THE MORRIGAN”.
There are eligibility restrictions on who can give blood. If you can’t give, please consider helping the effort by recruiting someone who can, and by sharing this page on your social networks to encourage others to donate. Here is a link to find out if you are eligible. As you may note, there is a very severe restriction that affects queer men and their partners. A petition to change the ruling will be at the donor info table.
For more details, please see the following links:
- My blog post “Blood Sacrifice” with a more detailed discussion of the purpose of the blood drive
- Blood donor eligibility information from Blood Centers of the Pacific
- To learn more about the Coru Cathubodua Priesthood, connect with us on FaceBook, and see my earlier post introducing the Coru.
- To learn more about Solar Cross Temple, connect with them on Facebook or visit their website.
- PantheaCon registration and schedule information
Please share this page and help us spread the word about the blood drive!